Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A New Journal ... A New Day

Hi Friends,
Welcome to my new journal ... I hope that you didn't have any problems finding me. I'm new to this site, too, so we'll see how this goes. If you want to be emailed when there is an update, you can subscribe with the subscribe link at the right. If you would like to comment and/or share your thoughts at any time, you can either sign the Guestbook on the right, or you can add comments to a specific post, too. I encourage you to participate in the discussions as you feel led, as I'm a huge believer that if we're going to walk, let's talk!

As I was researching and setting up this journal page, I found myself asking myself 'what exactly are you hoping to achieve?' To be honest, I really don't know what I'm expecting or even what I want out of it ... I'm just feeling led to continue the conversation because (1) I know that many are concerned for me and the kids and (2) I know He's not done with our story and I certainly don't want to stay where I'm at right now. I still believe that God has been speaking to us throughout the year and I believe that there is still more ... I guess that I'm hoping I can make some sense out of what I thought I was hearing versus what I'm seeing/experiencing and the only thing that makes sense is that He's just not done yet ... so ... I've decided to back up and review the things I believe He has said and try to figure out how it fits with what I know His character to be. I feel like I got to the end of a Sudoku puzzle and the last square just didn't work out ... how is it that even possible?

So, as I broaden my search to understand His character better, the first problem I'm having is getting back into the Word ... I've always believed that everything in the Bible is true and relevant ... that the Words promised to King David are also promises to us today ... the promises to rescue and restore, etc... If the Word is not meant for everyone, how do I know what is meant for me? I really felt we even had that question covered because so many times, we would 'coincidentally' be led to a verse that seemed to answer our needs at each specific turn. Is it possible we were just deceived? Or is it just a matter of our minds reading into the Word what we wanted to hear and see? Or is He STILL planning to fulfill the promises within, just not in the way that we expected it to be fulfilled. That third thought seems to be the most consistent with the Word, i.e. His timing is perfect (Hab 2:3), He does immeasurably more than what we can imagine (Eph 3:16-21) ... I know that it's possible we read into the Word what our own desires were, but I think we were very careful to process everything through the Spirit and I know that there were times that the Word showed me PLENTY of what I didn't want to hear or see ... so, I'm leaning towards the truth that every part of the Word IS true and IS relevant ... same God yesterday, today and tomorrow ... therefore, it must be just a matter of waiting for Him bring completion to what He has started (Phil 1:6) ... even if it DOES take until the day of Jesus Christ to complete it!

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NIV)
ALL SCRIPTURE is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.


Psalms 119:160 (NIV)
Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

As I continue to search for foundational truth, I think I will add this to my list for today ... Thy Word is true ... and here is where my choice comes in ... whether I choose to believe this truth, or not, it is still truth. So today, I choose to believe again.


10 comments:

  1. Hey Beautiful--welcome to the blog world. Looking forward to continuing this walk with you. We continue to be in daily prayer for you and your family. Hope to see you soon...

    Love you--
    Lorie Rees

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your strength in Christ through this time in your life has been a true inspiration to me and has encouraged me to draw closer to my Savior as I go though tough times in my own life. Thank you for inviting me to continue this walk (and talk) with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just pick it up and you will feel at home again.
    He is waiting for you. He has more to show you.
    You will know where to go from here. I don't know you, but your journey has been heart wrenching and amazing all in one. I pray for you and your children daily. (perserverance)
    I'm not even sure where my advice to you is coming from but I have a feeling He does.
    God bless and embrace you each day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, I look forward to your postings... though it gives me a false sence of connection... once this baby arrives we will have some girl time and really catch up. I have you on the e-mail list to let you know when she arrives. Love you and think and pray for you daily.

    Continue to embrace His truth!
    Love, Jen Mast

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, Love the name, gave Sam a piggy back ride to class this morning. He loved it. I realize I am out of shape. Love, God's Jojo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You put a smile on my face! I am so glad to be able to continue this walk with you. The name is perfect. I believe your journey is just beginning and am thankful that you have the courage to share it. You are an inspiration and role model to so many.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill, I am so happy that you are continuing to journal. Your writing has shared faith, love, hope and belief with so many of us. We all love you so much. Mekenna and Kelsey and Eddie and I pray for you and the kids each night. Dave was a wonderful man and you are a wonderul woman. Your journals could be made into a book . . . the Lord will continue to use you to encourage and inspire others and He will encourage, comfort and love you as well.

    Blessings and much love,

    Connie Hammond

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill it was great to give you a hug today. Hope you have a blessed evening. Hopefully we see you again tomorrow. Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jill, Pastor Rich says we should always thank God for people ... and I thank Him for you and how he has used you ... a willing vessle. Still praying for you all. Love, Connie Hammond

    ReplyDelete